Monday, December 22, 2008

Aching

Havent blogged in a while!

I went to this adventure thingy in Perak organized by my dad's company. I think around a total of 4 families went? Once we reached, we got on to the back of a lorry. The ride was bumpy! And since we were standing, there were branches along the way and we had to duck everytime we see one. There was a bouganvillea tree which is thorny, and the branch hit my back. OW. We got to a place and they briefed us about rafting and how to swim in a strong currant-river. We put our lifejackets and helmets on. I was panicking cause their instructions were a tad bit confusing and I have always been such a paranoid person. They led us to the river, which was so flowing so strongly! They made us lie with our backs, and they let go, when the water was calmer, we had to swim across. ONE BY ONE. I really thought I was gonna die. REALLY. My turn came and they had to let out a rope =p. So did many others OKAY! I was scared that my pants were gonna just slip right off. I was struggling!

Then, came the white water rafting part. It was FUN. They have this things in what they call rapid. Which is like a part in the river where you'll go down 'rapidly' in ur raft. We each had a paddle. So fun la. Each raft was led by a guide. Whee~

We ate lunch, and went for the next activity, high rope. They briefed us again on how to wear the equipments and everything. After I wore all the equipments, I felt like peeing. How can I pee with the equipments?? SO I had to hold it. lol.

There were an expert version and an intermediate version. I chose intermediate of course :)

The obstacles were really scary. Firstly, you have to go up in an ALMOST vertical way up. If a person shakes the rope, we'll all lose control. Then, you could only step on the thin ropes and boards, which halfway, you have to go across by swinging to the other side with a rope. Thirdly, it was this wobbly woodern boards thingy. The fourth part was fun, it was this thing that u climb on and they'll bring you to the other side by a rope. And lastly, flying fox. PHEW. ALL this done in mid air.



Note to self: When in a strong currant river, lie down with you backs and move ur arms up and down. When water is calmer, then try swimming to the side. NEVER stand in a strong currant river.



I'm writing this the next day and my hands are aching. a lot.

No comments: