Friday, April 24, 2009

Enthralling, indeed

17 and 18th April 2009

On those dates above, I attended Kem Ibadah in school, or Agama camp if u prefer. I felt so dumb, three bags! Hand carry, paper bag and luggage. I was just scared I would miss something you know! But yet, I did not bring a single electronic appliance.

I went with Iman and we headed for the hall for registration. We received a folder with am attendee tag. Were introduced to the captain, Ustaz K and two facilitators. Student facilitators are Jabir, Najmuddin ,Saiful, Siti and one more girl. The Ustaz is funny, luckily. We put our bags in the surau and went for the Asar prayers. Then, we got to the hall, ice breaking and group division. I was my group leader  We named our team Az- Zahrah. Others had names like Ibn Sina, Pakatan Rakyat! and tukul besi! We had to make up a cheer and omgosh the tukul besi one. LOL. They yelled tukul besi and Fie somehow knocked each of their heads for the cheer.

Then, we watched disturbing photos. Lesson learnt: Never merempit, be a skinhead or join black metal. Dinner, then off for Maghrib prayers followed by Isyak.

Later, we went on the the hall.
Our seats were further apart and the lights were off. The only light was from the projector screen. The Ustaz kind of gave us a talk on about how we have to be ready for the afterlife and all. Where there will be none of our friends or family helping us. So we have to pretend that we are alone. He played videos on how important our parents are, what things they have done and the pain they had to go through.
I could tell u at that point, everyone started crying. He talked with full emotion and it hit us, that we have to be thankful. I was practically bawling my eyes out. A girl in front of me, she had no mother and she broke down. Totally broke down. I felt so, so bad for her. Yes, everyone cried including the guys. Not just tearing up, pouring their eyes out. we stood up and had a moment of silence and hugged ustazah.

It went on for about 45 minutes. Everyone’s mood was completely overturned. We washed up to sleep. It was I think, 1.30 a.m. Iman and I talked cause we couldn’t really sleep. I had to get my daily dose of chocolate so I indulged on a cookie  Gah it was so emotional.

We all woke up at around 4.30 a.m.? For Qiamullail. Then we sat in groups and prepared a presentation. My group’s were so weird. The presentation, I mean. Nobody wanted to present. I had to and god knows I am not good in public speaking. I loved Fie’s one! So funny. Went for breakkie and morning exercise. CHICKEN DANCE! The Ustaz did a super fast one, so cute! Washed up and went to the hall.
This time we did group work. First writing our life graph, ranging from happiest moment to the saddest. Next, we wrote our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Afterwards, we wrote our feedback for the camp. If you find one with the ‘ The Tarik Sedap :)’ That’s mine!

I forgot what happened. This is why u should never blog late. I remember before Asar we had our prize giving for the best 6 groups (out of 8). Our group got 6th HAHA. We were not good at making points at all, but we were good at not losing em! Packed and helped cleaned up. Said goodbye to Ustazah and there, end of camp.
I can’t wait for the next one! The Ustaz super funny la. Everyone ooooh-ed when he received a prize from Puan Norita. Haha.

I got home, couldn’t wait to shower in freezing cold water. Told my mom everything bout the camp as far as I could remember. And I laid there with her. Proud to have a mother :)

Alhamdulillah, camp was an eye opener.

No comments: